Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Does Romance Still Exist?

Good evening readers!
It is truly amazing how a society has evolved in a matter of a decade or two. The internet has taken over America and the world. Computers rule our work place as well as our personal lives. The world wide web has truly become a world wide event, nothing short of a catastrophic invasion. We live and breath technology and are consumed by it. New Media has even ventured as far as to take over the deepest and most impactful of all human emotions - love! New Media web 2.0 applications such as AIM, Myspace, Facebook, true, match.com, woome, e-harmony and other sites have reconstructed the way individuals meet and communicate with eachother. For my term project, I will be analyzing the way New Media has overthrown cupid. On the subway the other day, I came across a clever new advertising strategy by Dentyne that encourages people to 'make face time' by having clean, fresh breath, although I also believe the advertisement gives old symbolic references to how the past used to be in terms of romance and communication before the internet existed. Enjoy the video and please feel free to post or email me comments.
Sanjay R

5 comments:

  1. Great article. I don't think it exists anymore. Romance and dating are time consuming and cybersex in 2nd Life is just so much more fun and comfortable for me. I like www.SoCalGlamourGirls.com to CyberDate and have cybersex with real models from California or use 2nd Life instead of wasting money in bars or chasing romance!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol My parents met over the internet and that is why I came to NY. It is a crazy story!! But Im excited to see more about your project. Cool profile!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i like that video you posted, it definitely touches upon your topic. with all this new media, do we really believe that romance is in the air?

    Good Luck on your project.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so sad, that feeling of loosing something real. No, guys, I don't believe it may happen.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think this crazy idea to make romance online. I don't understant the meaning of the online dating. To me is nothing more justing wasting your time. Don't get me wrong guys, i mean it is better to make love or romance someone you know very well because it will make long lasting relationship. Whereas,online it is very hard to know who you are getting along with. Most importantly, it take time to get to know each other especially if you want get married.

    ReplyDelete