Sunday, May 10, 2009

Advice to Baruch College

Good evening readers,

As we all know Baruch has its fair share of problems. We all get frustrated by the lagging overcrowded elevators, the inability to get a wireless signal for a laptop or cell phone and the fact that the second floor escalator has been broken for four months now. You think “what are they doing with the tuition I give them every semester?” If I was hired by Baruch, I would use new media in an attempt to solve some of the college’s major flaws. In my opinion, Baruch’s biggest flaw is the four elevators that are constantly overcrowded and slow (I say four only because one is always broken). Perhaps using new media we would be able to build new elevators that can travel at a faster speed, hold more passengers and have the doors close faster so people can’t rush in. I would then apply these same technologies to the escalators so that they would be able to hold more people without breaking down. Another flaw I would change would be the ID checks when you first enter the VC. Instead of having to stand behind the guy who doesn’t know how to swipe his id card through the reader, having fingerprint readers and eye scanners would make it easier to have ID checks and even open classrooms without having to swipe a faculty ID cards. Lastly, I would place stronger routers throughout the buildings to enhance Baruch’s network signal and keep our customers happy. Any additional ideas?

Sanjay R

No comments:

Post a Comment