Sunday, May 10, 2009

The Next New Thing

Good evening readers,

We have come a long way since the days of typewriters and telegraphs. Futuristic new media is all around us these days; the world is constantly changing and evolving. Right now the big things in new media are facebook, twitter, second life, MySpace etc. As everything, these will all be replaced by even newer media.

If I had to guess the next big thing, I would assume that it would deal in the area of education. Now a days, students time are becoming increasingly limited. Attempting to juggle a full course load, work, social life and family obligations is no easy task. I constantly find myself stressed out by all the different activities going on in my life everyday. If there was a way I could take my classes right from my home computer, this would save me loads of travel time and just be more convenient. Perhaps the next new thing could be for classes to be in video conferences. Students would be required to have a webcam, and log on a network at the specified class start time. The website user interface will allow students to stop the professor to ask and answer questions. This next new thing of video conferencing classes would greatly simplify and add convenience to a student’s hectic life. As always let me know what you think.

Sanjay R

No comments:

Post a Comment