Sunday, May 10, 2009

My Term Project Presentation

Good evening readers,

As many of you know, my term project was the way new media is changing romance and courtship. At the start of my presentation I lowered the lights and put on “What is love” by Haddaway in an attempt to “set the mood”. At first I explained what new media is (see previous articles for definition) and that new media is taking over the world of love and dating. Before new media dating applications, individuals would meet eachother in bars, clubs, malls through friends etc. but now many individuals have turned to sites like facebook, eHarmony. Match, hotornot, true.com and countless others for all their romantic needs. I then gave statistics to my audience about this growing phenomenon. One interesting statistic I was surprised was that “Donn and Sherman, 22, found that 7.7% of college students and 19.7% of graduate students had taken steps to meet a potential romantic partner online.” I then proceeded to give the advantages and disadvantages of online dating and showed two second life. I then proceeded to wrap up the presentation with what the future has in store for new media dating applications and a personal quote of mine “In the end, some things as precious as love are best left untouched by the dreaded hands of technology.” As always, comment or email me.

Facebook Gangsta

Funny video pertaining to facebook and romance.

Sanjay R

1 comment:

  1. I certainly enjoyed your presentation as it stood out from the rest (including mine). It was perfectly paced and interesting, did you practice for it? Anyway, good job on the presentation.

    ReplyDelete